Saturday, January 22, 2011

High Five Sheet



I need your help - Sorry this post is long but I would love your feedback!
 I am not sure if I am overreacting and the teacher in me is coming out in me.  Or I am wounded that someone would say something about my child.
Friday night I picked up Ashley at daycare.  It was 5:30 she had been there since 7:00 in morning.  Towards the end of the day they put all the kids in a room so there were kids of all ages in the room.  Ashley teacher was still there.  Ashley was sitting at a table playing with a flag.  I walked in and she jumped up and said I lost my "High Five sheet"  In a panic she started going threw the garbage can at the daycare. 
They get a piece of paper that says High Five - saying they had a good day.  They do not date these papers or write what they did to get this paper. 
I said Ashley lost her High Five sheet?  As poor Ashley is digging threw the trash.  The teacher says yes in the last hour she was not using her "big girl words".  I was upset that they would give it to her and then take it back.  She is only 3 years old.  I also feel that the teacher is tired and does not like having all the kids in same room.  They seem to be on somebody all the time.
I told Ashley that is was o.k. and lets get out of here.  I was steaming and wanted to say something but I felt like if I said anything right then it would not come out the way I wanted it to.
I know I should let it go but it is hard.  Ms. Ashley was upset about not getting the high five sheet.  I just feel these kids are 3 years old.

What would you do?  Should I say anything? 

For when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems.
James 1:3-4

No comments: