Monday, March 7, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

A community of people seeing the beautifully wrapped gifts God gives us throughout our days if we will only open our eyes to see

 I am reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.   Incourage is doing a book club with videos.  It is a very powerful book.  

  It challenges you to start  making a List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1.   Grab a piece of paper and a pen and join me and the multitude of others as we open our eyes to thankfulness in the ordinary days of our lives and see God in a whole new way.

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.  Sarah Ban Breathnach

So I am going to try and link up on Mondays and share my list from the week.  It may take me a long time to get to thousand but I bet it will be life changing.

Gratitude:

1.  That a good friend took me out to lunch and I was able to laugh and be myself.
2.  That my mom sat in the car with Ashley so I could run into the store to grab a few things.
3.  To be able to go out to eat with my family on a Saturday night and laugh and enjoy each others company.
4. To be able to take Ashley to swimming lessons and that she loves water.
5. To see Ashley face light up when I stop at Sonic and buy her a half-price slush  before I pick her up from daycare and have it waiting in the car for her.
6. To see Ashley smile on her face when I pick her up from day-care like it is the first time I ever picked her up.
7. That my brother and sister-in-law were able to come and jump my car when it would not start.
8. To have a working washer and dryer and to be able to do laundry at our home.
9. That 26 kids came out for running club after school.  We are going to run the 5K in April at the Illinois Marathon.
10. For the volunteer that holds the door at church this morning that opened the door with a smile as Ashley and I hurried in.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I came over from Ann’s linky today. I know it’s Wednesday – but I heart these thank you lists. And that first shot – only an artist can see that and capture it. And btw, thank you - I heart this – “Gratitude bestows reverence,”

And welcome to the community of thank you givers – Ann has done a special thing.

My fave from the list by the way - or actually his list – is 10. For the volunteer that holds the door at church this morning that opened the door with a smile as Ashley and I hurried in. (this is Chrisianity. No? A race – a race to be last) {smile}

This made me happy. Happy is good. Thank you.

God Bless and Keep you and yours

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

A working washer and dryer! Can't argue with that one, for sure! I remember the days of wringer washers and hanging wet clothing out on lines covered with snow and frost! And I'm with Craig on #10! If people only knew what a blessing it can be when someone holds the door for us! Makes me think of the verse, "I'd rather be a doorkeeper in the house of the Lord. . . ."

Thank you for a beautiful list of blessings this week. It blessed my heart!