Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Memorial Day Weekend was a very  fun busy weekend.  On Saturday it rained all day :(.  We had Austin Graduation party to go to.  My mom stayed with Ms. Ashley because she was napping and I ran over there.  I taught Austin in Middle School and now he is going to be attending the University of Illinois.  I love his Family they are so good to Ashley and I. The party was so nice.  Ashley loves Austin and his brother Ryan and of course their dog Bunker.






Sunday - We went to church and then we went off to Danville to celebrate with Kaitlyn she just graduated from the U of I.  Kaitlyn is Ashley favorite babysitter.  We are going to miss her greatly!!!!
Kaitlyn sister Whitney also just received her Masters.  We had a great time with family.  The food was also great



Monday - Ashley and I spent Sunday night with my parents in Rantoul.  We love staying with them.  We are both spoiled when we stay with them.  My mom helped me make some food to take to our life group pinic today.  My mom's friend at work showed my mom these Red White and Blue strawberries so we had to try them.  They were a hit at the party.  I will be making these again.


                                            These are the items you will need.


                                              Red, White and Blue Strawberries

Then in the evening Ashley and I went to our Small Group pinic.  It was a good time.  We had smoked chicken, beef, and pork chops.  Makes me want to go out and buy a smoker.  It was  very good.  I also brought deviled eggs, and pasta salad and my lovely strawberries.  We also had baked beans, watermellon and cupcakes.


 
"We live in a country, the greatest on earth, our flag stands for freedom and what it is worth. She stands in the harbor, Ms. Liberty calls, all have gave some, but some gave all...for me to be blessed" Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: