Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Recap

   Sorry this is going to be long.  We had a really busy weekend.
   Its Monday first day of summer vacation.  I have a week off before summer school starts.  The only good part is that I only work mornings.  Except I sure would like the entire summer off.
  This weekend was packed.  Friday was the last day of school and my mom also retired from Parkland.  I just feel that is such a milestone in her life.  Friday night I babysat my friends girls that are close in age to Ashley.  Their mom is in play this weekend.
   Saturday we got up bright and early.  Ashley and I went with my brother and mom and Sebastian to the Central Cheerleaders pancake breakfast.

 

  
 Then we were off to Danville for Kaitlyn wedding shower.  Ashley is passing out bubbles during the wedding.  The shower had a picnic theme. 




They played fun games at the shower.  This is Bella and Ashley with Kaitlyn.

 
 
 These are the girls that are going to be in the wedding.  Plus Addison and Bella that are not pictured.
 
 
 
  Then we raced back to Champaign and dropped off Ashley with my dad.  Who was so nice and watched Sebastian and Ashley together.  So I could go off to my friends play in Monticello.  My mom was so nice to come along with me. 
 
  The play was "Hallelujah Girls" — and it has been described as "Steel Magnolias" meets "Golden Girls" it was funny.  Jamie did a wonderful job.
 
 
 
  Sunday we had a graduation party to go to for Ryan.  He just graduated high school and will be attending the University of Illinois.   I had him and his brother in middle school. He had such a nice party.  I wanted to take pictures but I thought people might think I am a little strange.  They had a big RV set up with a TV playing pictures of Ryan from when he was first born till now.  They had like 4 smokers going - pulled pork, ribs, etc.
  Ashley thought this was pretty cool that they had in their backyard.
 
 


 
Then we finished the evening with our small group. Ah how I miss being in Destin with these girls.
 
 


 
 
 


No comments: