Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

  

We have so much to be thankful this time of the year.  Really every day we should be thankful.  I had a wonderful weekend.  I really never understood how much joy children bring to the Hollidays until I had Ashley. Some days I stop and think where would I be if I did not have Ashley in my life?  Ashley been counting down the days to Thanksgiving for the last three weeks.  It might have been cause Skinny the elf on the shelf arrives the day after Thanksgiving.  I hope Christmas lives up to all that she is expecting.  I keep reminding her Jesus is the reason for the season.  Its better to give then to receive.  We have not grasped that concept yet.

 Ashley and Little D and I went to Liz and Dan's for Thanksgiving.  They had about 50 extended family over it was really a great day.   Every year we make a craft or play flag football. This year we made a scarf for the craft.  The food was really good this year.  The downfall was my mom was not there my dad's health is not good and she felt she needed to stay home with him.  We are trying to not leave him alone.  He is hardly eating and falls allot during the day.  He sleeps most of the day.

Flag Football Team 2013

 
Little D playing with the ball - might have to find this for Christmas for him - it folds up really nice.



My brother Kyle worked till 7:00.  It was really nice Ileana invited Kyle, my mom, and myself and Ashley and little D over for Thanksgiving with her and Raphael and Sebastion.  Ileana did a wondeful job!! 

Friday I skipped shopping - It was just too much with the stores opening on Thursday night for my brain to wrap about the shopping idea was too much. Being a single mother I think Black Friday is impossible to do with children.  Once Ashley gets old enough to shop you can bet we will be out there getting the best deals.

I went and watched the J.V. basketball tournment in Mahomet on Friday and Saturday.  Oh how I do wish Ashley will play a sport.  I love watching sports and can't wait to be a real sports mom!!!!

Saturday night we went to the parade of lights in Champaign.  First time I have been.  It was neat.  The kids loved it.  The weather was great so it brought out lots of people.

 





Sunday we had church and our life group got together Sunday night.  Kyle also cooked out at my parents house but I missed that cause I was with my life group.  I was a little sad to miss the family time together.  Except it is crazy when you get Ashley, little D and Sebastion together.

Please pray for Ashley she is still having stomach issues and we went to the dr. on Wednesday and he started her on Senexon on weekends.  She is a real trooper with all of this.  I just want to give her big hugs and kisses.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am excited to bring in the Christmas season with Ashley.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey lady, I didn't realize Ashley was still having tummy issues. Will definitely keep her in prayer, as well as the rest of your family. I'm sorry you felt torn on Sunday night, it's tough having to make those types of choices! Love you friend, look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Jeannine